Need immediate help: AHCCCS Crisis Line 1 (877) 756-4090
Treatment is available and treatment works!
"If I hadn't gone for treatment for my habit, I would have been in jail, alone or dead. For me, treatment saved my life." -- author unknown
"Addiction is a challenging disease. With time, effort, and support, there is hope!" -- words of encouragement from a local treatment professional
- Find treatment facilities and resources to help with recovery
- FindTreatment.gov - information on thousands of state-licensed providers who specialize in treating substance use disorders, addiction, and mental illness
- SubstanceAbuse.AZ.gov - information on prevention, treatment, and recovery resources throughout Arizona
- Guides to Youth Treatment and Intervention
According to the National Institute of Drug Addiction (NIDA), “Research has revealed a number of basic principles that underlie effective drug addiction treatment… NIDA’s Principles of Treatment
- No single treatment is appropriate for all individuals.
- Treatment needs to be readily available.
- Treatment must attend to multiple needs of the individual, not just drug use.
- Multiple courses of treatment may be required for success.
- Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical for treatment effectiveness.”
Participating in treatment and/or recovery programs for substance use disorders is as effective as receiving treatment for other chronic conditions. (Source: *http://www.nida.nih.gov, **Join the voices of recovery: real people, real recovery. SAMHSA, 2008.)