Need immediate help: HCIC Crisis Line 1 (877) 757-4090
Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family Treatment Locator: SubstanceAbuse.AZ.gov
"If I hadn't gone for treatment for my habit, I would have been in jail, alone or dead. For me, treatment saved my life."
"Addiction is a challenging disease. With time, effort, and support, there is hope!"
...words of encouragement from a local treatment professional.
Treatment is available and treatment works!
According to the National Institute of Drug Addiction (NIDA), “Research has revealed a number of basic principles that underlie effective drug addiction treatment… NIDA’s Principles of Treatment
- No single treatment is appropriate for all individuals.
- Treatment needs to be readily available.
- Treatment must attend to multiple needs of the individual, not just drug use.
- Multiple courses of treatment may be required for success.
- Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical for treatment effectiveness.”
Participating in treatment and/or recovery programs for substance use disorders is as effective as receiving treatment for other chronic conditions. (Source: *http://www.nida.nih.gov, **Join the voices of recovery: real people, real recovery. SAMHSA, 2008.)