Two Day Event!
September 24 - 25, 2018
Black Canyon Conference Center
9440 N. 25th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
Keynote Speaker: Bertha Madras, Ph.D.
Harvard professor, research scientist, inventor, educator, writer and member of the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis will present Elements of Effective Prevention, Intervention and Treatment.
|Doug Coleman, Special Agent in Charge, DEA
||Sheila Polk, Yavapai County Attorney
|Dr. Cara Christ, Director, AZ Department of Health Services
||Shana Malone, Clinical Initiatives Project Manager, AHCCCS
|Maria Cristina Fuentes, Director, Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family
||Jo McGuire, Jo McGuire Inc.
|Colonel Frank Milstead, Director, AZ Department of Public Safety
• Emerging Drug Threats in Arizona: Meth, Marijuana, Synthetic Drugs, in the Midst of an Opioid Crisis
• Arizona’s Drug Landscape – Myths, Facts and Challenges
• The Role that Trauma Plays in Drug Use and Addiction
• Sneak Peek of the 2018 Arizona Youth Survey
• Impact of Substance Use on Businesses and the Workforce
• Innovative Programs that has Arizona Leading the Way in Treating Opioid Use Disorder
• Keeping Communities Whole through Collaborative Partnerships
Learn first-hand successes and challenges and how we can unite for solutions from government officials, treatment professionals, the medical community, school personnel, prevention experts, law enforcement, harm reduction experts and the business community. View the agenda for more information.
- $50 registration fee includes 2-day event.
- Registration is closed for this event.
- AZPOST Training Credit available for sworn personnel.
- Continuing Education Credit (CLE) available for attorneys and counselors.
- Scholarships are no longer available.
View a list of hotels in the vicinity here.
The AZ Drug Summit was made possible by funding from the Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Partnership for Success Grant; Arizona High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area; Governor's Office of Highway Safety; US Drug Enforcement Administration; and MATFORCE. Support for the Summit was provided by the following sponsors: